Recipe by The Garlic Farm
The Garlic Farm have been growing garlic on the Isle of Wight ever since Granny Norah planted those first few cloves in her garden over 40 years ago.
“We have spent all the years since exploring its history and origins, experimenting with the many different varieties here on the Island and creating many garlic infused products from chutney to beer and ice cream. From smoked garlic to black garlic and giant elephant bulbs, we’re passionate about the Mighty Bulb and all it’s culinary uses.
A simple dish that combines two of Springs finest ingredients, green garlic and asparagus! The tarragon adds wonderfully to the fresh zingy flavours of the green garlic.”
Serves 2 – 4
Prep time 15 mins
- Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Bunch Fresh English Asparagus, trimmed
- 1 Head Green Garlic, thinly sliced and separated
- 1/2 Tbsp Dried Tarragon
- Sea Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- 1/2 Cup Sussex Farmer’s Hand Parmesan flakes or shreds
Preheat oven to 200C/400F.
- Cover a baking tray with alumiunium foil, rub a bit of the oil over the foil, and scatter the shreds of green garlic over the tray.
- Arrange asparagus spears in single layer on the garlic, season with herb and spices, drizzle over remaining oil.
- Place near the top of the oven for 10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Increase heat to 250C/425F, scatter parmesan over asparagus and return the tray to the oven until cheese is bubbly.