Dart the Dart
|Sat 25 Sept||8:00 am – 6:00 pm||From Totnes Steamer Quay TQ9 5AL to Dartmouth Coronation Park TQ6 9RR||£40.00|
DART THE DART RUN
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS: PARADIGM NORTON & MARCHAND PETIT
Saturday, 25th September 2021
Along the way up to 400 runners will sample various culinary delights and take on board liquid refreshments at a host of different venues, all whilst wearing fancy dress.
This run is designed to be purely for fun and and to raise vital funds for the Dartmouth Food Festival 2021. It is most certainly not a race. The distance is around 13 miles or so and will be tough in places but the views and scenery will be spectacular and the camaraderie and support will make it all worth it!!
Please note, the closing date for entry is 9pm on Sunday, 12th September 2021 and all entries must be received by then, all participants must be 18 or over.
You must be medically fit and able to complete the distance and understand the course is a natural multi terrain one which may be hazardous and tricky underfoot.
We aim to start the slowest runners first and the faster ones later in the hope that everyone finishes around the same time in Dartmouth – if you plan to run as a group please enter the time you aim to complete the course in as a group.
The entry fee is £40 and proceeds from this will go the Dartmouth Food Festival, a not for profit organisation – you will be helping us stage this fabulous event later in the year!
Please note, it does not include transport between the Finish and the Start nor transport between Dittisham and Dartmouth if you have to drop out at Dittisham.
There will be a bag drop off facility at the start.
Please read the event rules below carefully before entering.
And most IMPORTANTLY it is essential that your entry form is completed in FULL with all the relevant information. If the form is incomplete we will be unable to process your entry and therefore participation will not be authorised.
The Course will be 13miles/21km and will start from Steamer Quay, Totnes TQ9 5AL.
Registration is from 08:00-10:45.
Start Times will be staggered between 08:30-11:00 and will be allocated in advance based on participants’ predicted run time.
The run will finish at Coronation Park, Dartmouth, Devon TQ6 9RR.
There will be a foodie fancy dress theme with possible prizes, all finishers will receive a goody bag! NB Dart the Dart is not a race and will not be timed, so no prizes for being first over the line!
We suggest you wear Trail shoes and bring a Waterproof Jacket and hat and a basic first aid kit – don’t forget your mobile phone! Please bring a refillable water bottle – please no single use plastic bottles.
You may bring well behaved dogs on leads.
Public parking is available at Totnes Steamer Quay.
There is an option to finish at Dittisham and catch a ferry back to Dartmouth – several ferry companies operate from here but the cost of the ferry is not included in your entry fee and you will miss the final stop at Britannia Royal Naval College!
If you have to return to Totnes, you will have to make your own way back as return transport from Dartmouth is not included. We suggest either the bus or maybe the ferry. Dartmouth Steam Railway and River Boat Company operate ferries between Totnes and Dartmouth so you could arrive from Dartmouth on the early ferry and run back or vice versa after the race. Timetables are available – www.dartmouthrailriver.co.uk.
We are hoping that Spectators will get involved – join us for the start at Totnes Steamer Quay from 08:00-11:00. Cheer on the runners in their fancy dress whilst relaxing with a coffee or breakfast from the Riverside Café. En–route the various pubs and cafes taking part in the run will also be open to the public and they will make great spectator spots. Pop in for a drink or a bite to eat and raise a glass to the runners as they pass by!
Full details of all sponsors to follow.
The Finish Line will be in Coronation Park in Dartmouth, so join us to welcome runners at the finish between 12:00-16:00.
* The closing date for entry is Sunday, 12th September 2021 and all entries must be received by then, all participants must be 18 or over. You must be fit and able to complete the distance and understand the course is a natural multi terrain one which may be hazardous and tricky underfoot.
* The Dart the Dart run is restricted to runners and fast walkers only.
* If you are unable to run on the day you must let us know. Should you wish to transfer your place to someone else, you must inform us in writing one week before the run date with full details of the person taking your place. They will also need to send their agreement to abide by our rules – we are unable to offer refunds other than for cancellation due to Covid-19.
* You are able to enter someone else, but please make sure you have their permission to do so and they agree to abide by the Dart the Dart Rules.
* We aim to start the slowest participants first and the faster ones later in the hope that everyone finishes around the same time in Dartmouth – if you plan to run as a group please enter the time you aim to complete the course in as a group.
* There will be a team of back markers sweeping the course – we ask that you reach Dittisham by 2pm and Dartmouth by 4pm when the run will close. If you fall behind these times there may be no available back up and the food stops will have closed.
* We ask that you respect the Country code and do not drop litter and close all gates. You are welcome to bring your well-behaved dog on a lead.
* We ask that you behave respectfully to all officials on the course and abide by their decisions to alter the course or direction that you withdraw on medical grounds. If you have to withdraw with a non-serious injury, we will aim to get you back to Dartmouth by vehicle, please understand there may be a delay in organising this – if it is serious please call for an ambulance or let a nearby marshal know.
* Dartmouth Food Festival reserves the right to upload or publish any photographs or videos of participants taken during the event to use for promotional purposes.
* If for any reason we have to cancel the event, we will endeavour to let you know as soon as possible by email or posting such information on our website.
* You will not hold the Event Organisers or helpers responsible for any loss or injury incurred during the run or travelling to or from the event.